Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Daily Wisdom, Proverbs 24

Proverbs 24

"Do not be envious of evil men, nor desire to be with them; for their minds devise violence, and their lips talk of trouble. By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches. A wise man is strong, and a man of knowledge increases power. For by wise guidance you will wage war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory" (verses 1-6).

Do not be envious of evil men. How many times have we looked at people who couldn't care less about God get things that we have prayed for for years and asked, "Why do good things happen to bad people?" It might not come out that way, but I know before I was dating my wife and watching everyone around me get married I was like "God, what's up with this? Why do I have to watch people who care nothing about you get the thing I want most in the world?"

It can be anything, "God, why do they have so much money, and we are struggling to get by?" "God why do they get to have children, they aren't even married?" "God, why...?"

In the past year I have learned so much about trust in God. I'm at a point now where if God doesn't show up and do something I'm not going to make it. But because of what I've been through in the last year, I'm not too worried. I have watched God provide over and over. I've seen God come through time and time again, and I believe that He will come through this time as well.

It by wisdom that everything is established and gained. It might not be in this life, but with God, eternal life brings Heaven and the presence of God. There the streets are paved with gold. The thing that is fought for, and most desired, is so common place in Heaven that it is worthless. So worthless that the streets are paved with it. In Heaven, the value of gold is equivalent to concrete and asphalt her on earth.

A wise man is strong, and a man of knowledge will increase in power. It is through wisdom that wars are fought, and with guidance victory is one. It is in hearing other opinions and ideas, being open minded enough to listen, that we learn. We must never become too proud to listen, to arrogant to learn. When we do, wisdom ends.

"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; or the Lord will see it and be displeased, and turn His anger away from him. Do not fret because of evildoers or be envious of the wicked; for there will be no future for the evil man; the lamp of the wicked will be put out" (verses 17-20).

It is human nature to do just that. We look at it and think, "This is God's judgment, they got what was coming to them." But that isn't the attitude God has. Remember, God loves everyone. Murderers, pedophiles, and atheists as well as Christians. Do not rejoice, but reach out to help them. Paul said, "But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink;" (Romans 12.20a). We are to show the love of Christ, and in so doing, we may help an unbeliever find life in Christ. This is what Jesus would do, and as His followers it is what we are to do as well.

Do not worry about evildoers, or envy the wicked. They have no future, and their light will be put out. Pray for them, love them.

"I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread."

To God alone be the Glory!

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment