Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Daily Wisdom, Proverbs 23

Proverbs 23

"Apply your heart to discipline and your ears to words of knowledge. Do not hold back discipline from the child, although you strike him with the rod, he will not die. You shall strike him with the rod and rescue his soul from Sheol. My son, if your heart is wise, my own heart also will be glad; and my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right. Do not let your heart envy sinners, but live in the fear of the LORD always. Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off" (verses 12-18).

As I've been reading this today my mind has kept thinking about what I love most about ministry, seeing people get it.  I love watching people's lives be transformed as they understand who God is and what He created them for.  What could be better than seeing this take place in your child?

It is crucial to apply your own heart to discipline, and your ears to words of knowledge.  If you want to help your children get it, you have to have it.  And it is crucial that we discipline our children.  It won't kill them, in fact it will save their lives.  I was spanked as a child, and honestly, it helped make me who I am.

And if our children get it what could make your heart more glad?  What would make you rejoice more than your child having an intimate and personal relationship with God?  If they love and fear God, they will not envy sinners.

Get it.  Live it.  Teach it.  Rejoice when they get it.

"I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread."

To God alone be the Glory!

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment