Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Daily Wisdom, Proverbs 10

Proverbs 10

I'm writing this post from my phone, so I apologize now for any spelling errors I don't catch.  

Proverbs 10 begins a style of writing where each phrase is a stand alone idea. I was telling my wife earlier today that some of these have been hard to write because there isn't always much to say without doing in depth studies that I'm unable to do at the moment.  But then there are chapters like this one where each verse could be its own post, and a month isn't enough time to do it justice.  But thanks to technology I am able to write this post and give it my best shot.

The heading for this proverb is "Contrast of the Righteous and the Wicked" and as I said each verse is its own stand alone comparison.  Each one shows the benefit of wisdom and the cost of foolishness. 

We are presented with the humility and diligence of the righteous  and the arrogant sloth of the wicked.  We see again that wisdom leads to life and blessings from God, and that the wicked find death and destruction.  Wisdom leads to joy and foolishness to sorrow.

I think that this proverb presents a good tool for comparison.  Read each verse and ask yourself, "Which of these is more true of my life?"  If you don't know ask a close friend and see what they say.  If you're willing to do that much you're already counted among the wise.  

Proverbs 10 shows us, very directly, what those with wisdom look like and do.  It presents us with a goal to strive for.  Wisdom is waiting and available, will you go after it?

"I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread."

To God alone be the Glory

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment