Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Daily Wisdom, Proverbs 16

Proverbs 16

"The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the to the is from the LORD.  All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, but the LORD weighs the motives.  Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established... By lovingkindness and truth iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the LORD one keeps away from evil.  When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him... The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps... There is way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death" (verses 1-3, 6-7, 9, and 25).

Reading this today is fitting for what my wife and I are going through.  We are at a point in life where we are trying to make some decisions.  But there are things standing in the way of being able to make the decisions we need to make.  It's one of the most frustrating things to need to make a decision. And not be able to.

But in all of this I have to remember that my steps are determined by God.  There is a way that seems right to me, but it might not be the right path.  There have been many opportunities in the past year, some seemed great to me and some seemed great to others for me, but none of them happened.  For one reason or another all of them fell through.  

This section says "to commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established."  This verse needs to go right next to the verse in Psalms that says, "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."  These verses don't say that God's job is to give us what we want and make everything work out for us.  It says to "Trust In The LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

Trust fully in God, and He will lead you in His perfect will.  Focus on living for the glory of God, and everything will be made clear.  That is what He promises.

I don't know what is going to happen in the next few weeks.  I don't know what the next months hold.  But I do know that I want to fully trust in God.  For the past year we have seen Him come through and provide over and over.  He has shown that He is trustworthy, and that He will establish my plans when they are to be committed to Him.

"I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread."

To God alone be the Glory!

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment