Saturday, January 21, 2012

Philippians 2.13

"for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure."

God is at work to will and work for His good pleasure. God is at work in me. God is at work in the situations I face. God is at work in all of this for His glory. He is working for His glory both now, in this moment, and for His glory in the future. Everything that takes place ultimately must result in the glory of God. The universe exists to glorify its Creator.

No matter what happens God is at work for His glory. God is at work for His glory in every situation that takes place. Because of this, He will strengthen me. When He strengthens me I can endure all things that I must suffer for His sake. It all leads to the glory of God. Everything must lead to the glory of God.

I really began to think about this a few years ago. The verse that really made me see this was Philippians 2.11, "and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." All of creations declares Christ as Lord, not for the glory of Jesus, but for God the Father. Everything that happens must ultimately end in God's glory. He is the almighty Creator of the Universe. He is the standard of Love, Holiness, Righteousness, Truth and Purity. God must be glorified. Creation exists for that one purpose.

When I think about life and the stuff I deal with in that light, with God being glorified through everything, it makes it all seem worth it. It humbles me, and makes me realize my true place and purpose in the universe. I'm really not too big, or important, but God has decided to let me glorify Him. He works in me for His good pleasure. And not just in me, but in you as well. What an honor to be able to glorify God almighty.

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment