Monday, February 27, 2012

God Will Provide

Yesterday I preached about how God's best days are not behind Him, and how if we live for His glory, as we were created to do, our best days are not behind us. We can't live in the past or off of our family name and think that covers us with God. Each of us is called to a personal relationship of faith with God, and to serve God while we walk the earth.

Last week I preached on how life is about God. And over the last few weeks, really months and years, the themes of the two sermons have been what God is showing me. Yesterday after the service I was given some news that I can't share yet, but it's one of those faith building experiences.

The human side of me wants to panic and begin to try to rationally figure it out. But the side of me that God has been working on for the last several years is trusting Him. It's reminding the human side that this situation is in the hands of God, that everything affected by it is God's. It reminds me that through all of this my reasonability is to live my life for the glory of God, and the results are up to Him.

Last night I was reading in Exodus 12, as I'm reading through the Bible looking for the heart of God, and the thing that stood out to me is that God always provides for His people. In this chapter the Passover is instituted. We see God giving protection for the first born through the blood of the lamb placed over the door of the homes. We see that God has sent them the deliverer to bring them out of slavery. And we see that when they leave God gives them the wealth of Egypt.

God always provides for His people. As they travel through the wilderness He leads them by a cloud and fire. He brings them food and gives them water. He provides escape by parting the Red Sea. And it isn't just here. All through the Old Testament God provides leaders, deliverance, food, healing and protection for His people. It continues in the New Testament. God always provides for His people. I'm reminded of Psalm 37.25, "I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread."

The point of the plagues in Egypt and God hardening Pharaoh's heart was so that He could show Israel that He was indeed God, that He had the power to deliver them and take care of them. We have a Bible that is full of the accounts of God's provisions for the faithful. Church history has countless stories of God taking care of those who trust Him. Look at people you know, I'm sure they can tell you of how God provided, how God took care of them.

Last night as I read with this situation on my mind a verse from Philippians 4.19, "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." My God WILL supply all your needs. Not He can or might, but will. I know that this is all in the hands of God. I am constantly reminded through life and Scripture how He has worked and taken care of His faithful followers in the past. And I know that He will take care of this situation. I spoke with my mentor this morning and He reminded me, "This didn't catch the Lord by surprise." God knows what He is doing, and this is all in His hands.

Philippians 4.20 is a great reminder, "Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen." God will provide, so let's not worry about anything but giving Him glory.

To God alone be the glory!

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment