Monday, August 20, 2012

One Year In

Within an hour of me posting this my wife and I will officially have been married for one year. It's hard to believe, it's gone by so fast, and so much has happened. We've had some issues along the way, a few fights, one or two times she thought she was pregnant, (and countless times she's tried to freak me out by telling me she was). We've learned a lot about each other. And we've learned a lot about life.

I'd like to say I'm wiser, and I know that I am, but honestly it feels like it's gone so fast and I'm wondering where it went. We've dealt with a lot of things that most couples don't have to deal with in their first year of marriage. We also were in our first senior pastor role, which brings on a whole other aspect of issues.

As we begin year two we're in a time of transition. We're searching for our next ministry assignment. With this we're going to be moving, and more than likely leaving the state. We're not sure how her job transferring is fully going to work out yet, and so there is a lot of uncertainty with this next step.

Part of me is scared and uncertain. Part of me doesn't have any idea what to do. But for the most part I'm glad that I have my best friend with me on this one. I no longer move alone. I no longer go somewhere new alone. I no longer face life alone. She's always got my back.

And as I look to the future I really believe things can only get better. I'm looking forward to the next phase of life. I'm looking forward to having more time with her. I'm looking forward to starting a family with her (the dog doesn't count as much as my wife would love for me to acknowledge the dog as our daughter.)

If you would, please keep us in your prayers as we wait to see where we are headed next.

To God alone be the Glory!

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment