Friday, September 20, 2013

Back when I was a senior in college I made the decision with one of my best friends to be a co-leader of a freshman small group. Together we would be responsible for investing in the lives of about a dozen freshman guys through their first year of college. Honestly, we were the coolest small group. Guys left their other assigned small groups to join our group. It was one of the highlights of my senior year.

We'd meet as a group once a week, and throughout the week we'd each spend some time with the guys, just hanging out in the cafe, or in their dorm. And while I did spend time with each guy every week in some capacity, there was one who I connected with more than the others, and he's the only one I still have any contact with today. It has been awesome to watch him grow from the kid that everyone is when they begin college, to the man who had the faith to trust God and move to one of the biggest cities in the world.

He's finally started a blog, and I'm excited to see his insights and hear more about his heart, and see his insights from God. You can read about his journey on the blog The Fire in NYC at, http://thefireinnyc.blogspot.com/

"I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread."

To God alone be the Glory!

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment