Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Time of Salvation...

This week I'm preparing to finish preaching out of John 12, and as I've been studying the chapter I've started to understand something for the first time. John 12.47-48, "If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day."

Jesus says "I do not judge. If people reject me, if people ignore me, I do not judge them. I came to save, not to judge." Jesus came to save, not to judge. All can come to Jesus without fear of rejection, without fear of being condemned, because Jesus is not here to judge, but to offer salvation.

Now is not the time for judgement, but for salvation. Jesus is not here to condemn, but to forgive. If people ignore Him and reject Him, He does not pass judgment yet. He says that judgment is coming, but it is not yet. Now is the time for salvation.

But if we ignore Jesus, we will face judgment on the last day. And the basis for our judgment is our response to the words that Jesus spoke. Our response to Jesus is the grounds that we will be judged upon. If we accept Him, and believe His words then our judgment will result in being welcomed into the presence of God for all eternity. But if we reject Him, if we ignore His words over and over, then our judgment is based on ignoring the truth, rejecting the truth, and we face eternal condemnation, separated from God forever.

But judgment is not now. Now is not the time of judgment, but of salvation. Jesus gives us opportunity after opportunity to come to Him, to accept and receive Him. There is no fear in coming to Jesus fearing that He will reject anyone. But judgment is coming, so we must accept Jesus now. Now is the time for salvation, not for judgment, but when the time of judgment comes, it will be too late for salvation.

Now is the time for salvation. Let that be the message we share. If Jesus doesn't pass judgment what right does the church have? Let us not drive people from Jesus by condemning others. Let us draw them to Him by offering the same attitude of love, forgiveness, and salvation that He does. Let our lives overflow with the love of Christ as we share the message of His Salvation, that the time for salvation is now.

To God alone be the Glory!

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment