Saturday, December 31, 2011

Affirming

"Her husband also, and he praises her, saying: 'Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all'." Proverbs 31.28b-29

Women need to be affirmed. They need to be told that they are loved, not because they forget, but because its part of who they are as women. It isn't a needy thing, but part of their make up. Women were created by God to be loved, part of loving them is telling them.

Her husband tells her that he loves her daily. He pours into her words of affection. But more than that, he affirms her. Her tells her that she's beautiful. He builds her up with his words. He tells her that she is the only one he's ever desired, reminds her that she stands out among women.

For a wife to know she truly is the woman of noble character, her husband must tell her how he sees her. It is a husbands job to love and affirm his wife. To show her how beautiful she is, inside and out, not simply to him, but to God as well. A husband must affirm his wife.

I'll be honest, this is one I need to work on. I love my wife. She's the most incredible and beautiful woman in the world. But she needs to be told that. I'm a pastor, I speak publicly for a living, but honestly sometimes with her it's just hard to get words out. So I have to find a way. Today I wrote her a note and put it in her purse for her to find later in the day when she's at work. Men, how do you communicate your feelings to your wife? Words? Music? Poetry? How ever you speak to her, and however she needs to hear it, tell her, and tell her often.

My wife just called me, an the edge of happy tears. She found the card and felt so special. I have affirmed her for the morning, but that doesn't mean I'm done for the day, just like saying I love you on our wedding day doesn't mean I've said if for life. It's a daily thing, like breathing. Affirm your wife, and watch how much more incredible she becomes because of it.

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment