Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What is Green?

Yesterday I got to sit with my mentor and pick his brain about a ministry situation. I hope that everyone has someone in their lives like my mentor. Whenever I leave His presence I feel uplifted and encouraged, yesterday I almost shed happy tears.

As I listened to his wisdom I the big thing that stuck out to me was him asking, "What do you see that is green?" What is there in this current situation that is alive and growing? Where is the greatest potential? Where is there life?

As he asked me the question I began to think about the different things that are going on. There is a lot of brown, things that aren't going anywhere but we refuse to trim the branches because they've been there for so long. But among the brown, there are a few green buds poking through.

The different things that I'm getting to do in the community. The couple teen boys I'm getting to pour into. There is green there. My wife had some other thoughts, some things she sees. There is green, there is life.

In your life what is green? It may be a single blade of grass in a massive field, but there is green. Pray that God will show it to you. The green is where He's working. As we seek to do ministry, the prayer of our heart needs to be, "God open our eyes to what You're already doing." My mentor said that we have two options, we can do our way and ask God to bless our plans or we can be blessed as we fulfill God's plan.

When God shows you the green, grab a bucket of water and a bag of fertilizer, and pour into it. Watch it grow, and watch the green take over.

As this year draws to a close, and we prepare to begin a new one, begin to ask God to open your eyes to where He is already working. Ask Him to show you His plan for you in 2012. Ask Him to help you find the green.

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment