Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Created to be Creative

Today I feel like talking about the Universe, it is something that constantly fascinates me. I have a very limited understanding of it. Basically I know it's really big, so big in fact, that we don't even know how big. Scientists believe there are hundreds of billions of galaxies out there. Our own galaxy, the Milky Way has an estimated 100 billion to 400 billion stars, depending on your source. And God spoke it all into existence.

There are so many wonders out there that we haven't even discovered yet. There are some we may never see. But God made them all. Part of me wonders if the reason we still find new things is because God is still creating new things. God is a creative God. Look at the stuff we have right here on Earth. Then look up.

The unique thing about Earth is that we are in the perfect position in our Galaxy to observe everything else. The Milky Way is a spiral galaxy, and our solar system is located near the edge of one of the spiral arms and above the equatorial plane of the galaxy. The one planet we know of that contains intelligent life is ideally placed to view the rest of the galaxy, what are the chances that this happened randomly?

The God who made all of this made us in His image. He is creative, and He made us to be creative. He created us with the ability to create telescopes to observe the universe from our unique position in the galaxy. He made us with the ability to create satellites and space ships to to venture into the final frontier and discover the vastness of space.

If Heaven has free time and we are allowed and enabled to do whatever we want I would opt to travel across the universe and see the wonders that are out there. To see everything that my Creator has created. My second choice we be to travel through time. I'd see the world before the fall of man, see it in it's infant perfection. I'd go to each civilization during the peak of their cultures. See ancient Egypt in it's prime. Spend time in ancient Greece when it was all new. Explore Israel throughout the Bible times. Visit the Roman Empire. I'd want to see all of it.

I'm drawn to that because I'm drawn to the creativity of the image of God. I've shared this before, "The glory of God is man fully alive." When are we more alive then when we are creating something? God made us to be creative. Let's never stop.

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment