Monday, June 13, 2011

$13.55

Thursday I was headed out to campmeeting, but first I had to stop at Borders. I needed a journal. As I mentioned last week, I'm on a journey to discover the heart of God. Every journey needs some way to keep records and record memories. I looked at a few and found a large black one, I bought two.

I had a 20% coupon, and they were already at a discounted price, so the total for the two ended up being $13.55 after tax. Currently they are sitting on my coffee tabel, the first page will be marked today. But over the weekend I began to think, "I paid $13.55 for two journals. When I get finished, they will be priceless."

It isn't because I'm the one writing in them that gives it an immersurable value, I mean honestly, who am I to have people read my opinions. I'm amazed and truly humbled at the readership this blog has gotten. My words on the pages do nothing for the value, but the subject matter does.

The pages will be filled with the heart, nature, and character of God. This is my attempt to learn, as much as any human can, who He is. As He reveals Himself to me through the pages of Scripture, I will fill the pages of these journals.

This is not a journey that will end once these journals are filled, it is one that has been going on in the lives of people since the begining of time. In my own life for the past 24 years, and will continue for the rest of my days, and in the lives of future followers until the end of time.

We can not, in this current state, fully comprehend God. But the Bible says to us in Proverbs 25.2, "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter." But the biggest thing, God desires for us to search for Him, and to understand who He is.

"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29.13) The key here though is not simply to seek God, the key is how we seek Him. It must be with all our heart. God paid the highest price so that we would be able to get to know Him, so that we could have a realtionship with Him. We must be willing to pay an equally high price to know Him.

The life of a Christ follower is not one that can be done half-heartedly, it can't be a life that simply goes through the motions. One of my high school teachers once told us in class, "If your faith isn't costing you something you need to really look and see if it's real."

To know God, we must search for Him. He tells us that if we search for Him with all our hearts that we will find Him. God desires for us to find Him. He desires for us to know Him. It's amazing, the God who spoke the universe into existance desires for us to know Him, and He made it possible for us to know Him. Why would we ever pass up the opprotunity?

Today, the pages will become priceless as they begin to be filled with who God is. Father, reveal yourself to me, and to all who seek to know you.

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment