Monday, May 2, 2011

Today

There are many things going around today. Shouts of joy that a terrorist is dead, condemnation by Christians because of the rejoicing over his death. Anger that credit is being given to the president who simply sent in the brave men who accomplished this mission. There are statements that this doesn't change anything, that the war is still going on, and how this really has little impact. There is the statement that justice has been given.

I look at my own attitude. I am filled with pride because of the Navy SEALs, honestly I can't express it enough. These men are incredible for what they do, and the training that they have undergone to be able to carry out missions like this, and they deserve the praise for what they accomplished, not the man who had the "courage" to order them to go in. Thank you for your service and your defense of this nation, I have so much respect for all of you.

At the same time I think of the man who was killed. I am reminded, God loved Osama bin Laden, God made him, Christ died to save him just as He died to save me. I am in no way defending him or his actions. I hate what took place on September 11, 2001, I hate that innocent lives have been ended because of this man, but I do not hate him, or any who follow him, just as Christ does not.

It is not my place to pass judgement, it is not my place to give out condemnation, it is not the place of the Christ follower to rejoice over the death of anyone except in the death and resurrection of Jesus.

As we move forward let us go forward with an attitude of forgiveness and with prayer. Prayer for the future of the world. Prayer for the protection of the people of the world. And prayer that through all things God will be glorified.

Father guard our hearts right now. Help us to act as you would act. Help us to move forward in a way that honors you, a way that glorifies you. May we join together to build your Kingdom. Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, for yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment