Monday, May 24, 2010

Why don't we?

The past few weeks there has been something on my heart and mind, something that keeps coming up in conversations and something that I just can't escape; prayer for instant divine healing.

A few months ago a friend sent me a link to a youtube video called "Finger of God", and it deals with God doing amazing things through people's prayers. As I watched it I didn't know what to think at certain parts, some of it was stuff I had never heard of, but honestly if I really believe God is who He claims to be and who I proclaim Him to be, why does it surprise me that He does things like that? Recently I was talking to some other youth pastors who actually know people who have received gold teeth from God as the video opens with, it's a real thing that God actually did.

The main thing that has been on my heart is this, If God is doing these things and if I believe He can do these things, why don't I pray for it to happen? Why don't I lay hands on people with injuries and pray that God heals them, not asking him to do it in a few days, or weeks, but immediately and completely?

As I sat with other youth pastor friends last week and we talked one of them brought up the fact that not everyone we pray for healing for will receive it immediately, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ask for it and believe it will happen. Jesus healed people, and when he did he did it completely and immediately, but Jesus didn't heal everyone. There were people he walked past, people that needed his help, that really would have appreciated it and rejoiced over a healing miracle.

I am convicted to pray in faith for immediate healing in people's lives. I pray for the courage to act, and the faith to believe that the God I serve can and will act.

No comments:

Post a Comment