Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom

Today is Mother's day, so I want to thank the mothers in my life.

Mom: You did so much, but you always loved, always listened, always taught. I remember trips to the zoo when I was little, playing Batman in the cubby hole in my room, all the school field trips you took work off to be able to go on. In high school when things were tough you always listened. The thing that sticks out most though is the song, "Through it all". Every time it played when we were driving somewhere you would always tell us, "No matter what happens, no matter what you go through, God is there. God will always be there." You started me on the path I'm on, and I wouldn't be where I am today if you hadn't taught me to walk. I never would have gotten here if you hadn't showed me the way. I wouldn't have made it if you hadn't helped along the way. You did so much mom, and I love you so much.

Grandma Sage: You're the most Godly woman I know, and our family owes how close we are to you. You poured time into our lives, you made sure we spent time together, in a way, you almost made us be friends. We probably didn't make it easy all the time, but I know we're so grateful for it now. All the time we spent in your kitchen decorating cookies, all the time we spent "sleeping" in the living room. All the time we spent playing games in the basement and backyard, it all bonded us into the inseparable family we are today. Without you none of that would have happened. You showed us what family is supposed to be, and because of that we can all pass it on.

Grandma Ginger: I have never doubted that you love me. I love when I hear your voice, and how happy it sounds just to hear mine. I love how happy it makes you to see me. It shows me how important I am to you, and I know that even if everyone else didn't care about me, you always will. Thank you for watching me when I was little, for cutting my hair, for being at every sporting even and school activity. Thank you for the love you show me every day.

Jenny McConnell: It's crazy to think that five years ago you came into my life, and I doubt either of us expected it to become like it has. The first Mother's day I couldn't be around my mom you were there. You aren't old enough to be my mother, but you treat me like your son. It has been awesome to watch you grow as a mother to your own kids, as well as feel like your son. You have always been there through the last five years, and I don't know that I could have made it through some of the junk in college without you. You showed me how to love teenagers and young adults, and I look forward to the day when I can do all that you have done for me to someone else.

Linda Russe: It's hard to believe you've been gone for almost three and a half years, but you were mother to me too. I remember the day I met you like it was yesterday. My parents trusted you with two of their kids after knowing you for a few hours. At that point I had no idea the relationship we would have. I wouldn't have made it through that church experience without you. You helped get me through two and a half years of a living hell, and I will never be able to thank you for that. Sitting at your side as you died of cancer, you still gave me something, you showed me what Faith does. You showed me how to live a life as a servant and how to die in total confidence knowing what will happen when you breath your last breath and close your eyes for the last time on earth. It was an honor be learn from you even at the point of death. You affected so many lives, I am just thankful to have been one of them. I pray to leave a legacy like you left. Until we meet again in Glory, I will see you on that beautiful shore.

These are my mothers, the women who made me who I am. To all women, you don't know the lives you will affect, so do what these women did for me, love. Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment