Sunday, February 9, 2014

Born Again

"Jesus answered and said to him, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.' Nicodemus said to Him, 'How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?' Jesus answered, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.'" -John 3.3-6

As I was laying in bed last night I started thinking about yesterday's post, and then these verses from John 3 came to my mind. This is a thought I am still working through, and I am not saying with complete certainty that this is what Jesus meant, but after writing and thinking I'm wondering if it could have been what He might have been referring to.

Without being born again, we cannot see the Kingdom of God. We must first die, and then be born into life as it was meant to be. A life with no ending, that exists in perfection before the throne of God. Everyone who has come to faith in Jesus, has been spiritually conceived. Those who faithfully endure to the end grow and develop in the spiritual pregnancy. And those who die in the faith, are born again in Heaven.

Not everyone who begins this journey will finish. Just as there are miscarriages and still born babies physically, there are those who spiritually begin, but don't endure. They don't finish and cannot enter the presence of God. Tertullian said, "Do we test the faith by persons or persons by the faith? No one is wise, no one is faithful, no one worthy of honor unless he is a Christian, and no one is a Christian unless he perseveres to the end."

To be born again, we must endure to the end. We must come to salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ. And we must grow and mature in holiness until it is time to enter eternity.

"I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread."

To God alone be the Glory!

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment