Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Book of Revelation

The book of Revelation is one that everyone seems to like to discuss and have an opinion on. Actually one of the first questions my in-law's asked me was what I believed about it. It's something some people refuse to read, and something others force down the throat of others as events that will take place in the next few weeks. And still others believe that the events of the book happened during the time of the first century.

But maybe all of our thoughts about it are wrong, or rather, maybe our focus with it is misplaced. This past Sunday my mentor, one of the wisest and most Christlike men I will ever know, shared some insights into this book, focusing on the question, "So what?"

Below is a link to the media section of the church's website. The date is 11/25/12, and it is titled, "Revelation". If you've ever wondered, if you've never read it, I invite you to listen, and see what it's really about.

http://bcn.org/social.php

Side note: Near the beginning he mentions a couple pieces of art. What happened here is he showed small individual sections of a picture, trying to point out that we can't see the whole painting in individual small sections. Then the whole picture is revealed.

"I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread."

To God alone be the Glory!

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment