Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 Recap

As 2011 begins people are making resolutions. I made one, but only one person knows what it is, and it will stay that way until it is fulfilled. But as we look forward and look at thing to change or improve upon, I can't help but looking back.

Honestly, 2010 was very rough in a lot of ways, but in all of that I look back at what God brought me through, and taught me along the way.

Heart break, and showing me what love really is and how He loves me, and how his plans really are more incredible than we ever could have planned. at the beginning of 2010 I was pursuing an incredible girl, but it wasn't the will of God. I didn't understand why, but now I do, and now I'm with my best friend. I still can't believe I'm with her. Every time I sit with her, hold her hand, hug her, I can't believe it's her.

Frustration, and how He has a plan to work everything out for the best for those who are striving for Righteousness. I was in Michigan for most of the year, working in a struggling church, but with people who really do love Jesus. A lot of things happened that I won't talk about, but in all of that God worked. The young adult ministry went from being basically non-existent to ministering to over 20 college and career age people. The teens went through a process learning what this whole Christian thing is about, and really began to get it. He brought me to a group of youth pastors who were nothing short of a blessing from God, they loved me, ministered to me, and encouraged me through the roughest days, and I am forever grateful to all of you. Personally, God showed me so much about His character and His heart. And when the time was over He opened the exit door.

Church, the role of a pastor as a leader and servant, how crucial vision is, how to build a team, how to lead that team, the importance of unity to the survival of the church and it's ability to building the kingdom of God.

There was a lot in 2010 that really sucked, some of it I still don't get, and honestly some of it I may never understand. But I take everything I have learned and I apply it to the life. I take what I learned about God and mold my life more around it, I take what I learned about pastoring, and I apply it my future staff and congregation, and with that everything I've learned culminates in the church God will one day place me in to shepherd and serve.

Even the times in life that absolutely suck are part of Gods plan. In a few days I leave for a couple weeks in Greece and Turkey walking in the footprints of the Apostle Paul. Preparing for this has shown me a new aspect of his life and it leaves me knowing that I have letters written close to 2,000 years ago from a man who went through all of this and understands it all.

As we head into this next year, I simply want my prayer to be, God make me more like Christ. "Help me to love like you loved, to serve like you served, to speak only words of truth, help me to care like you cared for a world in despair, help me to love like you." (Johnny Diaz)

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment