Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The simplicity of wisdom

My mentor continues to amaze me with every conversation I have with him. He has so many qualities and characteristics I respect, but the thing that has continued to blow my mind recently is his wisdom.

I think that when many of us think about what wisdom is we think about some deep thinking prfound individual who gives answers we feel we could never have come up with. Honestly, I don't think that is what wisdom is. Wisdom shouldn't confuse, it should enlighten. The thing that amazes me about my mentor is the simplicity of his wisdom.

I've asked him questions excpecting the deep profound truth that I wouldn't be able to come up with, but instead he gives me the simple answer that I can't believe I missed. Each time I have an issue that I don't know what to do with I call him, and each time I wait for the deep truth that only 30 years of ministry experiance can provide, and each time he shows me that wisdom is not in the deep thoughts that people can never come up with, but that true wisdom is in the simplicity of it all.

It's the beauty of simplicity that amazes me.

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment